25 Things to Do to Avoid Unnecessary Snacking
Unnecessary snacking can be a real downfall for a lot of people who struggle with weight or food addiction. This can hinder people from achieving their goals. For me, this happens most often when I am "bored" or doing something where [before my health epiphany] I would normally be eating something (like watching tv). So, to counteract snacking when I wasn't really hungry, I had to do things in place of eating. Here is my list of 25 things you can do to avoid unnecessary snacking:
1. Go for a walk
2. Paint your nails
3. Write a letter or email to a friend
4. Scroll through Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter
5. Search for things that interest you on Pinterest
6. Workout with body weight - there are great 20 min. workouts on YouTube!
7. Zumba - again, YouTube!
8. Organize your home - dresser, closet, playroom, etc.
9. Read a book
10. Text a friend, sibling, or parent
11. Write a blog post
12. Admire photos of you and your family
13. Listen to music
14. Do laundry - we all know that this task is never-ending
15. Clean your bathrooms
16. Take a nap
17. Write in a journal about your feelings, goals, etc.
18. Sit outside
19. Play with your kids
20. Finally do that DIY project you've been putting off
21. Window shop online or actually shop online (if your budget allows it)
22. Have tea, coffee, or water instead
23. Watch T.V./Netflix/Hulu, etc. - if you're able, do this in a room far away from the kitchen!!
24. Contemplate, draw, or list items you'd want for your dream home